Found yourself in need of $5000? Don’t worry, there are plenty of options laid for you. Read the article to learn about the application process and the hidden rocks on the way to approval.
$5000 is a popular sum for lenders: it is not that high to require much from a borrower, yet it is big enough to get the lenders interested in the possible loan for you. Of course, for a perfect FICO score of 690 or higher, you will have no problems with applying for a loan in any place you want. However, for applications with bad credit scores, there will be challenges on the way. Read on to learn about the particular requirements to the borrowers, possible alternative lenders, and the specific pitfalls that might be found on the way.
- 1 I need to borrow $5000 dollars, what are my options?
- 2 Where to get $5000 loan with bad credit?
- 3 How to get $5000 loan with bad credit?
- 4 What bank will give me a $5000 loan with bad credit?
- 5 What pros and cons should a first time $5000 loan bad credit borrower know?
- 6 The bottom line
I need to borrow $5000 dollars, what are my options?
With a perfect score, you can opt for any bank or lender in the area since you are likely to have little red flags that might concern a lender. However, with bad credit, getting an approval of a $5000 loan becomes much more complicated. Here are the possible loan types one can opt for:
- Secured personal loan. This is a perfect option if you have any asset that can be used as collateral. With collateral-based loans, you can expect to have more affordable rates and lower loan fees. However, note that secured personal loans might not be available for bad credit applicants; the possibilities differ from one lender to another.
- Unsecured personal loan. Standard installment loans do not require any collateral and are possible for applicants with any kind of FICO score. However, since the lender has fewer guarantees and backup in terms of the borrower’s repayment, the interest rate, as well as loan fees and monthly repayment sums, are higher than in the case above.
- Auto title loan. This is a variety of secured personal loans. In this case, you use your vehicle as a guarantee that you will repay the loan in one way or another and you negotiate with the car dealer. Such a possibility offers freedom of choosing a dealership with the best interest and fees and at the same time gives greater chances to get a $5000 loan even for bad credit borrowers.
- Union loan. Credit union loans are available for members only, and frequently you need to be one for at least six months. Be ready that you will also need to pay for the union membership. But the perks of such loans include lower rates and generally more acceptable repayment conditions.
- Peer-to-peer loan. Such loans are available on peer-to-peer platforms where you borrow funds from different investors and then need to repay every participant their money back. Frequently, such an option offers better rates than the abovementioned ones.
- Cosigner loan. Cosigners are one more guarantee to the lender that they will receive their lent money back. If you have a reliable friend or family member with a better credit score, do not hesitate to ask them to cosign the credit with you to receive better interest rates.
Where to get $5000 loan with bad credit?
Before you start searching for the possible bad credit lenders, ensure that you learn about the loan regulations in your state since bad credit loans in Maine may have slightly different norms and rules than, let’s say, a bad credit loan in Alaska.
- Traditional banks are the most reliable and widespread option for a $5000 loan with bad credit. As a rule, you will get about 14% of interest and the decision will be made in 1-3 business days. After the approval, the money will be transferred to your account within seven business days.
- Online lenders have a wide variety of interest rate percentages and additional fees for their services. However, the average interest is about 30% plus the lender’s fee. You will be able to get a pre-approval decision on the same day (the next day at most) and the funding will be transferred within 1-3 business days.
- Auto dealership loans heavily depend on the car you are offering for collateral. The interest can vary from 20% and up to 200%, with the average about 57%; it is individually calculated depending on your car and repayment period. Generally, the whole procedure of application, preapproval, and funds transferring take no more than a week.
- Peer-to-peer personal loan is a perfect 9% solution for a $5000 loan with bad credit. You get a pre-approval decision on the day of the application and the funds transaction comes in within seven business days. Due to the relatively low interest, it is one of the most beneficial options on the list.
How to get $5000 loan with bad credit?
To apply for a $5000 loan you need to fulfill the following requirements:
- Be a US citizen (or prove permanent residency)
- Be 18 years of age
- Demonstrate proof of steady income (work contract/bank statement)
- Prove residency in the state of the loan application
- Provide a checking account under your name
Besides that, you will also be asked for an email address and a phone number (as well as work phone). However, there are also particular requirements that a lender may have towards bad credit applicants. You might need to provide proof of steady income not for half a year but for a year, for some loans you will need some collateral or a cosigner. Make sure that you learn about these requirements before submitting your paperwork for a $5000 loan with bad credit.
What bank will give me a $5000 loan with bad credit?
With the request of a $5000 loan, you get a very wide variety of banks that can offer help. American Express, Barclays, Citibank, Discover, LightStream, Marcus by Goldman Sachs, PNC Bank, U.S. Bank, Wells Fargo, and many others can help you with such a loan. The bank you need to apply to depends on the type of the loan you are looking for and your credit score. For example, Marcus and PNC offer flexible payments (you can skip one without any charges) and relatively low starting rates. Wells Fargo and LightStream offer discounts for their clients and easy application process via their online or branch divisions. Citibank is the best place if you have a cosigner for your loan. Carefully read the offers of different banks in your neighborhood to find the best-fitting solution.
What pros and cons should a first time $5000 loan bad credit borrower know?
- Fast approval. For a $5000 loan application, you are likely to get the approval within up to three business days and the money transfer within a week tops. So if you are in an urgent need, this is a perfect way to cover the budget holes.
- The convenience of application. Due to the vast number of possible lenders, you are free to choose where to borrow your $5000 loan. You can apply online, visit your local bank branch, and even consult an auto dealer in the area. Whatever option suits you better is available on the table.
- Minimal credit checks. Since $5k is not a large sum for loans, many credit lenders will not care much about your credit score some will not even check it. So no matter how low you got, you still stand a chance for approval.
- Simple repayment terms. Most often, a lender would line up all your repayments as well as the deadline for each. So you will not need to calculate anything or follow the calendar, you only need to ensure that you have the right sum on your account.
- High repayment cost. Yes, simple and fast deals come with a price of high interest and fees. Be ready that lenders would offer less favorable deals to protect their money.
- Rapid deadlines. Most loans mentioned above would have relatively short repayment periods. This means that you will need to find the right amounts of money pretty fast to repay the debt.
- Scam lenders. Unfortunately, the market is full of unreputable lenders. So you need to be very careful and attentive about the services and deals you agree to.
You have learned about the process of getting approved for a $5000 loan with bad credit. You are now aware of the pros and cons of these loans, their types, specific requirements, and lenders who you can turn to. Make sure that before applying, you weigh all your risks and calculate your budge scrupulously. In case your numbers do not look promising, consider applying for a $4000 loan or even $3000 loan with bad credit to safely repay the debt and not harm your credit score.
✅What is a short-term loan?
✅What does one need to be approved?
✅How much time does it take?
✅How many loans can one take at a time?